One of the first things a person notices when they step into a home for the first time is the smell. Strong or unpleasant odors can cut an open house down in it’s tracks. So, what can you do about it? Well, for starters you can obtain an odor neutralizing spray and lightly spray it throughout your home. Next, you can use some of these scents to entice potential buyers…
• Lavender Oil – Has a calming effect and would be ideal to set the mood for a master bathroom or bedroom.
• Bergamot – Has a fresh, sweet, citrus scent that is familiar to many as the flavoring in Earl Gray, would help create the ideal mood for a master bedroom or bathroom.
• Lemon or Citrus – Has a clean, refreshing scent and would be great for a kitchen, bathroom, or dining area.
• Peppermint – Has a clean, cooling scent and would be great on a hot summer day in the kitchen or main areas of the home.
• Balsam Fir – Has a soothing effect and would be great around the holidays in the main areas of the home.
• Jasmine – Has a warm, exotic floral fragrance that creates a feeling of “romance”, ideal for the master bath or bedroom.
Or you can try one of my personal favorite scents, cookies! Nothing says home like the smell of freshly baked cookies. Bake some cookies for your guests. Not only will your house smell amazing, but everyone will appreciate the cookies waiting for them in the kitchen!
Good luck and happy selling!
Linda Czubak Realty is a real estate agency that specializes in buying and selling homes in Warwick, NY and surrounding areas such as Monroe, Chester, Washingtonville, and Goshen. Please contact us today if you are looking to sell a home or are looking for homes for sale in the area.